Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dreary Sunday Afternoon

It is a rainy, dreary Sunday here in Washington. This sort of weather is good for two things -- keeping plants nice -- and watching DVDs. Rarely is there anything worth watching on Sunday afernoon. Seems to be reserved for sports of one kind or another. Luckily I have a petty good supply of DVDs. Today I watched THE CLOSER -- a series from TNT that is in its fourth season. I really like this show, though I rarely watching it on TV. Like a number of shows I really like, I usually seem to watch them on the computer at hulu.com or some other on-line service. Thank goodness they are available -- especially on days like this. Even if there isn't much on TV or cable, you can pick your entertainment based on your mood.

If you aren't familiar with THE CLOSER, Kyra Sedgwick is a Deputy Police Chief and you follow her and her team as they investigate homocides in LA. Her team is top notch and it is a joy to watch Brenda in the interrogation room.

I seem to be into cop dramas these days -- NCIS, CSI, CSI: New York; CSI: Miami, and Fringe. If I had to pick a favorite it would be hard -- but Fringe is right up there. Can't wait to see the season finale -- the one where we actually see Leonard Nimoy as William Bell -- the guy who is behind all the weird scientific happenings Olivia has been investigating. We've gotten a taste in the last few weeks, and it will be wonderful to actually see Walter and William Bell meet again. Want to bet we'll have to wait until next season to see that????

One saving grace this summer will be the return of some series on SciFi (or SyFy by then). I do like Sanctuary and that returns in June. I think that is when the new Stargate Universe hits the airwaves as well. I am very happy to read that Richard Dean Anderson will make some appearances on the show. I've loved him since MacGyver.

Speaker of MacGyver, I heard a very cool reference the other day. Someone was talking about the economic crisis and said that "we are a nation of MacGyvers and we'll figure it out and fix it." I love that -- and truly hope it happens.

Have a great day,
Sandy

No comments: