Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cliffhangers

I have just finished watching some of my favorite shows and ALL of them ended with a cliffhanger! Can you stand it! Now we have to wait through the summer to see if Ziva will ever forgive Tony for killing her lover on NCIS; if any of the CSI:NY staff survive the savage attack as they salute a fallen comrad -- and what was that alternate reality Olivia found herself in with William Bell (Leonard Nimoy) on FRINGE!

I still have to watch a couple more of my favorites -- and who wants to bet they ended in clifhangers too?

This is a great throw-back to serial television. Watching old series that would keep you guessing from one episode to the other. You just had to see what happened to your favorite character.

Remind you of Babylon 5? It should. J. Michael Straczynski took great care to set you up every chance he could. Who would have guessed Garibaldi would be betrayed by his #1 security guy. Who would have guessed Sinclair was Valen? How about Delenn turning into a half-human; half-Minbari? Each of these events led you down the road to anticipate the next event.
Thank heaven for the internet with the ability to watch TV shows after they air. I wish all shows did this. I still haven't seen The Mentalist yet -- and all you can see is snippets on the internet. Bummer. Oh well, They will be new to me on reruns.
Talk at you later.
Sandy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks I won't be able to watch NCIS season finale till tomorrow. Now you ruined it for me Tony killing Michael. Seesh.

Sandy said...

I'm sorry. I usually see the episodes a couple of days later myself. At least the big finish wasn't included in my posting. We both have to wait to see how has Ziva and how she will be rescued.