Sunday, May 16, 2010

Movies You Should See

On Friday, I had a chance to watch INVICTUS, a movie with Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela and Matt Damon, as a rugby captain.  It was a marvelous movie.  Made me wonder why anyone would play rugby though.  It seems a very violent sport, but I guess football and hockey aren't that much better.  Anyway, the movie was a wonderful study not only of South Africa following apartheid, it showed a nation torn along racial lines come together over a rugby team. 

This afternoon I went to see ROBIN HOOD.  I loved it.  Unlike other Robin Hood movies, this one was very unique.  The main character is not Robin of Lockley, but Robin Longstride, an archer who fought with King Richard in the Crusades.  I don't want to spoil the story for anyone, but I really did enjoy Russel Crowe in the title role.

No comments: