Monday, November 24, 2008

Full Weekend

What a full weekend -- Christmas shopping. I love it and hate it at the same time. For anyone that has children in the family, it is amazing the things you will find in stores. The electronic games are absolutely awesome. My nephew wants the new EyeClops Night Vision Goggles. Who would have thought that night vision would be at this level -- kind of spooky if you really think about it. There are so many Star Wars toys, Iron Man, BatMan, etc. movie spin-off things.

With so much in the electronics field, I'm happy to say that a couple of children in the family still read. With so much visualized for them, how can the imagination of a child develop? I loved to read as a child and part of that wonder was creating characters from what I had read. What did they look like -- how would they act if we met? Today, the games do it for you. I don't think that's a good thing. While their motor skills may develop -- the gray matter between their ears is growing stagnant!

I did get to watch SANCTUARY on Sunday morning -- thank you SciFi for putting entire episodes out at the website. I really do like this show and I'm glad that it has been renewed for another season. While it can be a little predictable at times, it is still fun to watch. Knowing that most of what you see has been shot in front of green screen is amazing. The visuals are really pretty good.

I had been a big fan of HEROES, but I've sort of lost track of it these days. There are so many new characters and the old ones have changed dramatically. Haven't seen Bruce Boxleitner in it much -- after the one episode where he played the governor that asked Nathan Petrelli to be a senator. Like so many characters, you don't see them every week, so perhaps he will be back for more.

Talk to you soon,
Sandy

1 comment:

Anansii said...

Hi! The link worked! Speaking of weird toystore stuff, take a look at Think Geek sometimes. OK, usually not so much for things you might actually want to buy but for "my word that's weird" it's pretty good.

Oh - for some reason this thing does not issue proper open ID Live Journal checks - or else LJ is messed up again.