Monday, September 21, 2009

The Mentalist

I love weekends -- they go way too quickly -- but it gives me a chance to watch some of the programs I've missed during the week -- and DVDs that I haven't cracked the wrapper on yet!  This week I got into THE MENTALIST.  Simon Baker is SO cute -- but the show is wonderfully clever as well.  Simon Baker portrays the haunted hero extremely well.  As Patrick Jane, he assists police with an assortment of murders.  The most interesting story arc is that of Red John -- the person who killed Jane's wife and child and continues to haunt him with additional murders -- each using a similar style and disdain for life. 

I love procedural dramas like Criminal Minds, CSIs, NCIS, etc.  The Mentalist is somewhat like that but more character involvement.  I am only now getting into Criminal Minds -- now that it is on A&E, I can watch it just about anytime.  While I like CSI: Miami - David Caruso drives me nuts!!!! 

Anyway, Happy Monday -- back to work.

No comments: