Sunday, July 19, 2009

Warehouse 13

OK, I'm a little slow -- but I just got around to watching Warehouse 13 from Syfy. It is nice that Syfy has the full episodes on the website. I like that about networks. They give you a chance to watch the show on your time.

I like this show. I know how others feel, but this is quirky enough for me to like. When I read the description, Indiana Jones came to mind -- the place where the Lost Arc was deposited. While that part is correct, the personalities -- the main characters -- are interesting and engaging. Myka and Pete may remind people a bit of relationship of X-files Mulder and Scully.

The pilot was fun. Artie, the curator of Warehouse 13, knows each piece in the warehouse and the power it posses. He has some very old devices -- an electric car that was shot down by Henry Ford because he could sell more cars powered by petroleum and an early version of a stun gun! Cool.

I can't wait to see what they have to offer as the series continues.

Over at Syfy, there are some interesting background files. At one time, I think I had a flashback to Legend of the Rangers. The surrounding area looked like the studio space being used by Babyon 5 in Vancouver -- the place where the movie was shot.

If you have opinions of the show, let me know. Love it or hate it, at least it's new!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The show definitely has potential. Saul Rubinek is great as always, and the new Mulder and Scully have potential, although that type of pairing is getting a little long in the tooth.

I hope the show continues to develop well.

--Larry

Sandy said...

I'm with you. The stories so far have been good and the devices shown so far include time travel. Can't wait to see what is in store for them next.