Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Holidays

Well, Christmas is over and New Years is on the way. We had a brief visit with family in Pennsylvania. The weather was awesome! We started our trip in about 15 degree weather; ended it in about 65 degree weather. That is something, considering it is the end of December. I'm not one who wishes for a white Christmas -- I have to drive in it!

Thankfully everyone was in good health and we are now back home -- safe and sound. I am busy catching up on the TV shows I missed. Watched the "Warriors" episode of Sanctuary yesterday. Need to see what other shows I can watch on www.hulu.com. So many TV shows didn't have new episodes over the holiday -- good move on their part. No one is usually sitting in front of the TV set and ratings are usually terrible.

There wasn't much "news" either over the holiday. I see that James Cameron's name is being bandied about to direct JMS' Forbidden Planet remake. We'll see. I'm sad to see that THE CHANGELING isn't getting much press these days -- and that newer movies are getting more attention as far as Oscar nominations. I sure hope that ample consideration is given all the good works done over the course of the year.

I was happy to see Babylon 5 in CostCo's DVD collection over the weekend. The price is pretty good -- and having them on DVD is such a plus -- not only for the viewing quality -- but it is a space saver!

I am hoping to read INKHEART over the New Year's holiday. Looks like a fascinating movie and one that should appeal to a cross-section of movie-goer.

Talk to you soon,
Take care.
Sandy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy,

I'm glad you are enjoying your holidays.

I just watched the last episode of Heroes (aired Dec. 15). No spoilers, just two notes. First, we find out that Michael Dorn will play the president of the U.S. in the next set of episodes. Second, to my disappointment, we find out that one character has an Achilles heel that, oh, we never knew about until we needed it to move the story along. Over at Slice of SciFi, they call this "plotonium." I would have hoped the writers would have done better than this.

Best wishes for the new year.

Larry in California

Sandy said...

I know a lot of fans have been really disappointed in HEROES -- and it has shown in the declining ratings. I think they they have diluted the overall story, bringing in so many different characters that you need a score card! I heard that they were bringing back some of the original writers and were going to refocus on the original characters more.

Sandy