Sunday, September 27, 2009

Rainy Sunday Afternoon

It has been raining here for nearly for two days.  I found the perfect way to spend the day.  I pulled out the latest video from Warner Bros. SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES.  I have been a real fan of comic books for years and I have found that these animated movies are absolutely wonderful.  They have captured so much of the power and moral character that I remember from the comics I read way back when.
In this movie, Lex Luthor becomes President of he United States and has Superman and Batman declared Public Enemies because they would not work with him and some other super heroes.  This is a great story and resonates so well -- showing the economic crisis that we see in newspapers today.  This was a great movie and I'm sure everyone will enjoy it.  What you have to watch are the extras that come with the DVD.  It is such a wonderful mix of interviews and commentaries from some of the best in comic book history.  The new Justice League has a segment that is gives you a peek of that feature with some wonderful voice talent assembled.
Animated features can be just rich and exciting as a non-animated feature.  It's all in the writing -- good script usually means a good feature.  I find that the Super Heroes works on a number of levels -- kids and adults.

No comments: